Southern Districts Support promotes independence with information for those thinking about and those who may require community care services and support.
Southern Districts Support is a benevolent organisation committed to ensuring quality care to all who require support to remain active and independent members of our local community. We have been providing individual and innovative care tailored to our clients’ needs since 1992.
Southern Districts Support walks hand in hand with those caring for others. We can help you with information and assistance negotiating the aged care market place. We can help you when you are dealing with changing health needs and abilities of those you care for.
Southern Districts Support can assist you to negotiate the challenges you face. We can help you to reach your goal of remaining active. We can assist with ensuring you live a life filled with all the activity, community spirit and engagement that you wish to have.
Community Care Services
- Would you like some help to get up and start your day
- How about assistance to prepare a delicious healthy meal
- We can help you get out and about in your community
- Have you considered having support to connect with other likeminded individuals
- Maybe you would like to learn something new
- Is there something you have always wanted to do
- We can help you keep doing something you have always liked to do
We can help you to set the goals that you wish to achieve and together we will work towards them. Whether it is a new skill that you want to learn or supporting you to keep living life to your fullest capacity.
Southern District Support Association is an approved registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider.
Am I eligible?
In order to apply for funding under NDIS, you’ll need to fit the following criteria.
- Have a permanent impairment that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities;
- Must be under 65 at the time of applying for funding;
- Live in Australia, are Australian Citizens , have permanent Visa holders or protected special category visas;
- Require the support from a person because of a permanent and significant disability.
Who can I talk to about eligibility and funding?
We are more than happy to talk to you regarding the NDIS program. You can call us on 9498 4800, or you can contact the NDIS directly on 1800 800 110.
How do I apply for NDIS funding?
To apply you need to complete an Access Request Form that can be downloaded from https://www.ndis.gov.au/applying-access-ndis.
This form will need to be completed with your GP and or other health professionals who will submit a supporting evidence form.
How do I access services with SDSA?
Once you have received your approvals you can contact us on 9498 4800 to initiate service provision.
The SDSA Coordination team will make contact with you to arrange a home visit.
A ‘service agreement’ is generated between SDS and you detailing expectations of service provision, a copy is given to you for your records.
You will be asked to complete a privacy and consent form. Your advocate can also be involved in this process This will enable SDS to contact appropriate persons in cases of emergencies
You can contact SDS directly, through referral and other Community networks and from the NDIS website.
Once the assessment has been conducted services will commence within 14 working days.