NDIS My Way – Supporting People with Disabilities
If you’re living with a disability, you now have more choice and control in the supports and services available to you. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) includes participating in the local community and building on natural individualised funding supports such as friendships, neighbours and local community groups.
It’s good news; the broadened eligibility criteria for the NDIS means that increased numbers of people with disability, including those with a psychosocial disability, are eligible to access supports and services in trial sites.
Key features of NDIS
Developing an Individualised Plan is central to the NDIS process, and will be one of the first things undertaken. This will help us understand your needs, aspirations and identify natural supports that are available in your community.
It’s also important to consider if you want to manage your own services and funding or have SDS or a family member assist with this.
What kind of service can we provide?
- to get your NDIS plan up and running
- to live in your own home and participate in the community
- to learn new skills, such as budgeting, shopping and using public transport
- to prepare and apply for employment and attend job interviews
- to find some volunteer work and undertake training or further studies
- in your home, staff can help you with personal care, cleaning and gardening
- participate in recreational or sporting activities
- with basic medical support, such as wound care, nursing or support with medications
- we offer a variety of group and club programs
- mentoring and friendship programs
- supporting you during a significant life event, moving house or leaving school, or there is a crisis
- trips away with a support person or join in the fun with one of our group holiday events
- if your carer needs a break, we can provide support in the home or out in the community.
SDS can support you with your funding options
We support with your funding options without compromising services:
- Shared Management and supporting you to find your own staff
- Self-managed – we can provide support to assist you to manage your own funding
Why choose Southern Districts Support
- Approach – we work with you to design an individualised plan to suite your choices and support your goals
- Flexibility – to do things your ways
- Value – we care about adding value every step of the way to foster long lasting relationships
- Services – we offer a range of services, ranging from in the home, community support, leisure and lifestyle
Please contact Southern Districts Support and talk to one of our Care Coordinators to find out more about our services and how the NDIS will affect you.