Care Coordinator (HACC/VHC)
Southern Districts Support is committed to “Supporting people to live independently”. We do this through providing innovative personal solutions that support people to live their life, their way. As a values-based organisation we want our staff to reflect the values that we live by:
Innovative | Inclusive | Agile | Respectful | Authentic | Collaborative
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and the experience they enjoy is critical to the success of our organisation. Every day, Southern Districts Support employees are making a difference to real people and making people’s lives better.
We are currently recruiting a Care Coordinator (HACC/VHC) for a 12 month fixed term contract who is passionate, experienced and motived to draw on their coordination, business development and marketing experience. It is important for individuals to embrace the Southern Districts Support values and vision, who share our commitment and want to make a genuine difference to the lives of our customers.
The role of Care Coordinator (HACC/VHC) actively supports the individual needs of older people who are living at home, either independently or with family. Encouraging choice, control and independence you will assess, review and manage all Home and Community Care and Veterans Home Care services, allowing customers to continue to live independently.
We want our customers to have a great experience with our people, and our people need to have a great attitude, be friendly, willing to learn new things, and most importantly listen and understand what the customer wants.
- Support a team of care workers providing HACC/VHC services.
- Devise appropriate support plans which encourage independence and wellness.
- Build warm and trusted working relationships with the client, their families and third party bodies.
- Comply at all times to industry governance and internal policies
- Attend community workshops, industry networking events and promote our products and services.
- Lead by example, initiate collaboration and build internal stakeholder relationships with peers
- Demonstrated previous experience in coordinating HACC services
- An advocate to quality care and client centric solutions.
- Ideally experienced supervising a team of care workers with a successful retention rate.
- Proficient in the use of multiple technology platforms such as a CRM, billing and procurement systems.
- Previous experience supporting client services across Aged Care.
- Quick learner, enjoy challenging yourself with new concepts and ideas.
- Ability to work in an evolving environment.
- Good communicator, solutions focused individual, proven ability dissolving arising issues instantly
- A minimum of Certificate IV in Aged Care or Community Care (Applications from individuals with a nursing qualification will be looked upon favourably)
- Demonstrated understanding of My Aged Care
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
Benefits of working for SDS:
- Generous salary packaging options
- Access to our Employee Assistance program
- Friendly progressive community based organisation.
- A fully maintained company vehicle with staff contribution.
Appointment to this position would be subject to the production of a satisfactory police clearance less than 6 months old and a valid working with children check.
Closing date for these positions is 5th January 2018. Southern Districts Support will commence shortlisting and reserves the right to close the advert earlier. Due to the high volume of applicants we receive only successful applicants will receive a response. Thank you for your understanding.